AvantGarde Group helps public and private-sector clients around the world measure their carbon footprint, plan for decarbonization, develop climate change projects and secure climate finance for their implementation. In doing so, we draw on our extensive experience with international climate funds, structuring market-based carbon transactions, and identifying and assessing GHG emission reduction opportunities.
Our network of experts has an extensive record of experience in university and corporate teaching and education in sustainability- and climate-related topics. More than that, most of our experts had been awarded PhD degrees in the leading European universities and some of them are still actively involved in the academia.
Our team has developed and constantly updates three education packages on climate and sustainability.
Package 1: Climate Education for All
Who: all employees interested in climate/ESG agenda
• Educate staff about the importance of the climate agenda
• Inspire individuals to contribute to tackling climate change at home and at work
• Increase employee involvement in the corporate climate and ESG agenda
• Latest findings of climate science based on 6th IPCC report
• Carbon accounting and emission management: how to measure and reduce
• Climate risk assessment, vulnerability and resilience to climate change
• Case studies of successful and inspiring climate actions
Package 2: Climate Education for Bankers
Who: portfolio managers and investment bankers
Why: Global and EU ESG/climate change landscape is rapidly evolving characterized by the plethora of relevant regulations, voluntary initiatives, standards, metrics and ratings. This course will help business executives to orient themselves in these evolving ”green finance” marketplace and learn to design a successful green product and align financial portfolio with EU requirements
• Understanding ESG/Paris - aligned Financing Landscape: EU green taxonomy and climate benchmarks for investment portfolio
• Net zero carbon and scope 3 emissions for investment portfolio
• Voluntary standards, regulations and ratings (MSCI, Sustainalytics , Bloomberg)
• Case studies of portfolio alignment with EU climate benchmarks
Package 3: Leadership, Management and Innovation for climate actions
Who: senior executives and managers
Why: Successful climate actions requires major transformation of organizational business model which call for direct involvement and leadership of senior managers. Innovative solutions and business models are also essential part of the climate actions
• Innovation for climate actions: case studies of private and public sector - led innovation and new business models in financial sector
• Leadership, management and organizational culture for climate actions: how to stimulate innovation within organization and in the entire value chain
We are always happy to share our knowledge and prioritize decarbonization and sustainable development at your company!
Decarbonisation & Business course – Central European University (Vienna, Austria)
The aim of this course is to equip the students with necessary knowledge and skills to develop effective and realistic decarbonization strategies for corporations in a wide variety of economic sectors.
Module 1: Introduction to de-carbonization
Module 2: Decarbonizing industries
Module 3: Decarbonizing buildings, cities, and transport
Module 4: Financing decarbonization
Module 5: Carbon offsetting and insetting